ISO 9001:2015 sets out the criteria for a quality management system. It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of its field of activity. In fact, there are over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries certified to ISO 9001.
This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. Some of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 include:
- A set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business.
- Monitoring processes to ensure that the procedures are effective.
- Keeping adequate records.
- Checking output for defects and taking appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness; and Facilitating continual improvement.
ISO 9001:2008 vs. ISO 9001:2015
Perhaps the most valuable enhancement to the ISO 9001:2015 standard versus its predecessor is the introduction of the Context of the Organization. The new standard expects organizations to develop their Quality Policy based on their assessment of the external and internal environments which makes it more in line with the company’s strategic objectives. This stems from the more explicit way risk-based thinking is utilized throughout the new standard which influences almost all the clauses of the standard.
ISO 9001 Bahrain services Learn more…