Business Process Re-engineering
Business Process Re-Engineering (BPR) is a world-wide applicable technique of business restructuring focusing on business processes, providing vast improvements in a short period of time. The technique implements organizational change based on the close coordination of a methodology for rapid change, employee empowerment and training and support by information technology.
Business Process Reengineering involves changes in structures and in processes within the business environment. The entire technological, human, and organizational dimensions may be changed in BPR. Information Technology plays a major role in Business Process Reengineering as it provides office automation, it allows the business to be conducted in different locations, provides flexibility in manufacturing, permits quicker delivery to customers and supports rapid and paperless transactions. In general it allows an efficient and effective change in the manner in which work is performed.
What is Business Process Re-engineering
The globalization of the economy and the liberalization of the trade markets have formulated new conditions in the market place which are characterized by instability and intensive competition in the business environment. Competition is continuously increasing with respect to price, quality and selection, service and promptness of delivery. Removal of barriers, international cooperation, technological innovations cause competition to intensify. All these changes impose the need for organizational transformation, where the entire processes, organization climate and organization structure are changed.
In order to implement BPR to an enterprise the followings key actions need to take place:
- Selection of the strategic (added-value) processes for redesign.
- Simplify new processes – minimize steps – optimize efficiency – modeling.
- Organize a team of employees for each process and assign a role for process coordinator.
- Organize the workflow – document transfer and control.
- Assign responsibilities and roles for each process.
- Automate processes using IT (Intranets, Extranets, Workflow Management)
- Train the process team to efficiently manage and operate the new process
- Introduce the redesigned process into the business organizational structure
Process Re-Engineering Bahrain services learn more…
Our Business and Management Consultants are Here to Help
Our team of business and management consultants have a wide range of experience in developing Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) for all sorts of businesses, from IT companies to restaurants and boutiques.
When you’re ready to take your business to a new level, give us a call to arrange a meeting.
Contact us now
Or let us contact you